Indigenous Employment Opportunities
When you join Alexander Business Corporation, you join an inclusive community of supportive leaders, like-minded colleagues, and forward-thinking partners. Unlike other positions you may have worked in the past, you are not simply a number. You are a team member. You are part of a thriving, encouraging organization that always has your best interests at heart.
Explore our current job opportunities and start a rewarding, profitable career.
Alexander Valve and Supply
Deadline extended to October 31, 2022
Alexander Vale and Supply has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Supervisor at it’s new valve manufacturing facility. Working with our main facility, the Operations Supervisor will be overseeing a new operation which will machine, assemble, and test a new line of oilfield ball valves. The Operations Supervisor will require a depth of knowledge, practical experience, and expertise in lean manufacturing, process management, and industry best practices for a high-volume manufacturing process. The Operations Supervisor is accountable for leading assigned projects and programs by applying knowledge of evidence-based practice, recognizing opportunities for quality improvement, and taking the necessary planning and change management steps to achieve desired outcomes.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Experience with CNC machining equipment is a must
• Experience in leading teams of 3 or more as operations supervisor or similar role
• Competence in lean manufacturing principles
• Documentation control and traceability skills
• Full-Time hours
• Hands on experience implementing operational processes
• Team Leadership
• Oversee efficiency of operational processes
• Participate in strategic planning and goal setting for various business functions
• Analyze business requirements and customer needs
• Research methods to improve operations and reduce costs
• Monitor and report on department performance
• Supervise and train employees
• Provide administration support (E.g., updating inventory)
• Ensure compliance with company policies and regulation
Salary: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
Benefits: Company paid benefits (Effective with permanent employment)
If interested, please contact Tyrell Gacek and/or RJ Arcand by October 3rd, 2022.
**Resume & Cover letter will be required upon formal interviews**
Full Job Description
Alexander HDD is looking for an ambitious and responsible individual to work with a Horizontal directional drilling crew, hauling water and helping on site.
Our goal is a positive and fun work atmosphere free of drama and negativity. We encourage and enable our employees to learn more and move up quickly within the company.
Expected start date: 2022-11-25
- Minimum 2 Years class 1 or 3 driving experience
- Class 1 license MANDATORY
- Must have a clean 5 year driver’s abstract
- Ground Disturbance 201
- Valid H2S certificate
- Valid First aid certificate
- Valid CSTS
- Pass drug test
- Willing to travel
- 2 years driving experience (Class 1)
- Able to provide a Claims Experience Letter from previous employer (Class 1)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.00-$36.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Mostly 6 and 1 shifts
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- The company provides hotel rooms
- $60/day meal allowance.
Hiring one class one driver/labourers
If interested, please contact Stephanie Chrobak and/or Adam Wurtz
Alexander Business Corporation
The Nation has created the Alexander Business Corporation our mandated is to provide Executive Management over all AFN owned businesses with its vision and mandate to emphasize on economic diversification, creating sustainable businesses and employment opportunities for Alexander and its members.
The position consists primarily of general housekeeping duties. Successful participant will be given a schedule of job duties to maintain. The custodian will be responsible for ensuring designated doors are secured. Additional job duties will include some light building maintenance and grounds keeping. This is a contracted position; expectation will be to work alone after business hours.
Qualifications and Requirements
Preferred High School or equivalent; formal education is not required and previous experience is an asset. Must have knowledge of cleaning products, work with minimal supervision. This position will require; time-management, multitasking, physical activity, and heavy lifting. Ability to outdoors in the summer and winter. You will be required to take some safety training and wear the proper personal protection equipment to complete your tasks.
• Cleaning linoleum, tile and other floors
• Shampooing rugs and carpets
• Sanitizing, fogging all offices and reception areas
• Washing windows
• Dusting all surfaces
• Collecting and taking out trash and recycling
• Changing air filters and cleaning vents
• Ordering new cleaning supplies as needed
• Maintaining a thorough inventory
• Using equipment, commercial vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaners
• Clearing snow from office entryways
• General upkeep of the yards, including cutting grass, clearing debris
Custodian/Light Maintenance Reports to Alexander Business Corporation
Classification – 20 hours/week
Location – Alexander First Nation
Resume/ Cover Letter /References
Send application package to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 30th 2022