Indigenous Employment Opportunities
When you join Alexander Business Corporation, you join an inclusive community of supportive leaders, like-minded colleagues, and forward-thinking partners. Unlike other positions you may have worked in the past, you are not simply a number. You are a team member. You are part of a thriving, encouraging organization that always has your best interests at heart.
Explore our current job opportunities and start a rewarding, profitable career.
Alexander Valve and Supply
Full Job Description
Commercial 1-Ton Driver
Description: Alexander Valve & Supply has an exciting opportunity for a commercial 1-ton driver at its facility located in Edmonton AB. Working in conjunction with our secondary facility (Located at Alexander First Nation). We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Commercial 1-Ton Driver to join our growing team. As a Commercial 1-Ton Driver, you will be responsible for delivering goods and materials to customers/vendors and job sites in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
• Valid commercial driver’s license (Class 5) with a clean driver abstract.
• Ability to safely operate a 1-ton commercial vehicle with 22ft Tandem trailer.
• Ability to lift and carry heavy items up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to read and understand maps and navigation systems.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Safely operate a 1-ton commercial vehicle to transport goods and material to various location in Edmonton area.
• Follow all traffic laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures, with due care and attention for you and your co-workers.
• Meet or exceed allotted operation times to ensure overall schedule can be met.
• Assist in shipping & receiving of material and goods.
• Properly secure loads and ensure the safety of the goods being transported
• Maintain a clean and organized vehicle, and perform routine maintenance checks as needed
• Complete daily pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections.
• Ability to keep accurate and up to date driver logs.
• Keep accurate records of deliveries, including delivery times and any issues that arise.
• Any other duties as directed by the operations supervisor.
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Benefits: Company paid benefits (Effective with permanent employment)
If interested, please contact Tyrell Gacek by March 3rd, 2023.
**Resume, Cover letter and 5 yr. commercial abstract will be required upon formal interviews*
Tyrell Gacek, Operations Manager
Full Job Description
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced General Manager to lead our HDPE manufacturing facility located in Edmonton, AB. The ideal candidate will provide strategic direction, operational oversight, and leadership to ensure the facility’s success in producing high-quality HDPE pipe products while meeting production targets, maintaining safety standards, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
– Develop and implement strategies to optimize production processes, quality control, and cost efficiency in line with company goals.
– Lead and manage cross-functional teams including production, maintenance, quality control, and logistics to achieve operational excellence.
– Monitor and analyze production performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and take corrective actions as needed.
– Ensure compliance with safety regulations, environmental standards, and company policies throughout the facility.
– Collaborate with senior management to set annual budgets, monitor expenses, and make resource allocation decisions.
– Foster a culture of teamwork, accountability, and innovation among employees.
– Develop and nurture relationships with suppliers, vendors, and key stakeholders to ensure a smooth supply chain and business continuity.
– Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and best practices to drive innovation and competitiveness.
– Provide regular reports to the executive team on facility performance, challenges, and opportunities.
– Piping Engineering Certification, Bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or Operational Management.
– Proven experience (15+ years) in a senior management role within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the HDPE or plastics industry.
– Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and guide teams toward achieving strategic goals.
– Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, quality control, and operational optimization.
– Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
– Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for data analysis and reporting.
– Knowledge of local, provincial, and national safety regulations, environmental standards, and compliance requirements.
– Problem-solving mindset with the ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
– Demonstrated experience in driving continuous improvement initiatives.
Salary based on experience and knowledge.
Please send cover letter and resume to Alexander Tubular HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
As long as job post is still available we are still accepting resumes.