Indigenous Employment Opportunities
When you join Alexander Business Corporation, you join an inclusive community of supportive leaders, like-minded colleagues, and forward-thinking partners. Unlike other positions you may have worked in the past, you are not simply a number. You are a team member. You are part of a thriving, encouraging organization that always has your best interests at heart.
Explore our current job opportunities and start a rewarding, profitable career.
Alexander Building Solutions
About The Company
Alexander Building Solutions is a fast growing Construction company, providing design and development, general contracting, renovations and remodeling, remediation, feasibility studies, and other services. We are an organization that values loyalty and hard work, while honoring simple life principles. We believe in our people and seek to train them to succeed.
We have grown to thirty two (32) teammates and are looking to expand further. We are seeking skilled Carpenters, journeyman or equivalent preferred, concrete experience is great, to work in a fast paced environment serving our clients and leading our team. We are a working team at all levels. We have diverse projects from commercial construction and renovation, residential housing, to large pre-engineered metal structures, and more. Our highly trained team will ensure our clients feel comfortable, respected, and receive the project outcomes they envisioned; On Time and On Budget knowing their needs have been met and understood. Alexander Building Solutions was created to provide true solutions-based on real-life experience to solve communities needs and challenges. We seek to employ members of our and other nations as part of our business model.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Framing, wood and steel stud,
- Drywalling and mud tape
- Setting formwork according to specifications, preparing granular base, finishing concrete to meet specifications using hand tools (bull float finish, broom finish, centre cuts)
- Be willing to help in prepping.
- Installing wooden structures such as roofing framers, joists, partitions, rafters, and stud work
- Designing and installation of cabinets, shelves, drywall, insulation and any additional needs.
- Adding fittings and fixtures including door handles, hinges, locks, and closures
- Selecting lumber as per the requirements of the project and sourcing wood that fits within budget and meets style specifications.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Able to lift to 50lb on a regular basis.
- Liaising with clients to discuss project details, budgets, and timelines.
- Working with suppliers to obtain necessary material while staying within the customer budget.
- Consulting other construction professionals to ensure the best possible results and the final product.
- Eager and punctual individuals with the capability to work well with others.
- Reading blueprints and designs prepared by other architects, construction professionals, and ensuring they meet building code recommendations and requirements.
- Current CSTS course,
- Minimum 2nd year Carpenter apprentice, or equivalent
- Experience working on commercial, institutional, industrial, multi family or mixed-use timber construction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Journeyman starting at $35.00 per hour, dependant on experience
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Status tax reduction
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay.
Alexander Building Solutions follows all provincial and federal mandatory COVID-19 requirements.
Work Location: In person head office Alexander First Nation
Please send resume and cover letter to John Kupchenko at firstname.lastname@example.org