Indigenous Employment Opportunities
When you join Alexander Business Corporation, you join an inclusive community of supportive leaders, like-minded colleagues, and forward-thinking partners. Unlike other positions you may have worked in the past, you are not simply a number. You are a team member. You are part of a thriving, encouraging organization that always has your best interests at heart.
Explore our current job opportunities and start a rewarding, profitable career.
Alexander Valve and Supply
Full Job Description
Commercial 1-Ton Driver
Description: Alexander Valve & Supply has an exciting opportunity for a commercial 1-ton driver at its facility located in Edmonton AB. Working in conjunction with our secondary facility (Located at Alexander First Nation). We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Commercial 1-Ton Driver to join our growing team. As a Commercial 1-Ton Driver, you will be responsible for delivering goods and materials to customers/vendors and job sites in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
• Valid commercial driver’s license (Class 5) with a clean driver abstract.
• Ability to safely operate a 1-ton commercial vehicle with 22ft Tandem trailer.
• Ability to lift and carry heavy items up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to read and understand maps and navigation systems.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Safely operate a 1-ton commercial vehicle to transport goods and material to various location in Edmonton area.
• Follow all traffic laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures, with due care and attention for you and your co-workers.
• Meet or exceed allotted operation times to ensure overall schedule can be met.
• Assist in shipping & receiving of material and goods.
• Properly secure loads and ensure the safety of the goods being transported
• Maintain a clean and organized vehicle, and perform routine maintenance checks as needed
• Complete daily pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections.
• Ability to keep accurate and up to date driver logs.
• Keep accurate records of deliveries, including delivery times and any issues that arise.
• Any other duties as directed by the operations supervisor.
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Benefits: Company paid benefits (Effective with permanent employment)
If interested, please contact Tyrell Gacek by March 3rd, 2023.
**Resume, Cover letter and 5 yr. commercial abstract will be required upon formal interviews*
Tyrell Gacek, Operations Manager